Drew and Amber Hanson moved to Sergeant Bluff with their two girls Ridley and Sparrow and their son Waylon. They had a big dream to start a new church. After more than a year of putting down roots in the city they will see their work come to fruition soon. Drew grew up in siouxland, he's originally from Whiting, IA and he is really excited to be back and raise his family in the same area that he grew up in. Before moving back to the area Drew was on staff at a church in southeast Kansas. Drew and Amber met at Ozark Christian College in Joplin, MO and were married after graduation. Amber loves that she is able to stay at home with raise her kids and see them grow .
Want to meet Pastor Drew, Join us at Rallypoint Connect after any service.
Drew never thought he would move back to Siouxland nor did he think his decision to move back would invove a urinal. A couple of years ago, he was officiating a wedding in Siouxland and while at the reception, Drew had to use the restroom, while at the urinal, he had an unexpected conversation. A man asked him "Why are you doing this? Why are you a pastor? You're young, you're wasting your time, the church is dead." Drew knew he didn't have an answer for the man in the 30 seconds they stood at the urinal together. He just told him "This is what God has called me to do." From that moment on, Siouxland was stuck in Drew's head. Which led him to eventually moving back and starting a church for people just like "Bathroom guy". Drew and Amber are excited to see what God does with Rallypoint and in Siouxland.
Our mission is to Rally around Jesus and live like him.
If you think about it, we rally around lots of stuff. They aren't even all bad, we can rally around a bank account, a job or an instagram account. We're on a mission to help people see there's something better to rally around. That there's somemone who is more life-giving, more encouraging and more rewarding than anything we can imagine, and that someone is.. JESUS.
We Live Like
- WE RALLY AROUND JESUS | WITH PRAYER // WHEN WE WORSHIP TOGETHER // AND BY HEARING AND DOING GOD’S WORD
- WE HAVE STRENGTH IN COMMUNITY | PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER // SERVE ONE ANOTHER // SHARE GOODS AND EXPERIENCES // LEARN FROM ONE ANOTHER
- WE ARE CREATIVE IN OUR CONEXT | WELCOME NEW IDEAS // DREAM “GOD SIZED’ DREAMS // BE RESOURCEFUL // ALWAYS ASK “IS THERE A MORE CREATIVE WAY TO CONVEY THIS?”
- WE TRUST THE PROCESS | KNOW WHERE YOU’RE FRIEND IS ON THEIR SPIRITUAL JOURNEY // BE PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING IN IT // I WILL PUT MYSELF IN THEIR SHOES // WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT TO MAKE A DECISION I WILL HELP MY FRIEND TAKE THE NEXT STEP
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP IS OUR MAINSTAY | I MUST BE AN ENCOURAGER // CULTIVATE TRUST // DEVELOP OTHERS // THINK YOU, NOT ME // ACT WITH HUMILITY